Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Goals in Filmmaking

What are my goals in terms of filmmaking?

I would have to say my main goal in filmmaking is..well... to be good at it. But if you want to take it to a deeper level, then I would have to say… aw let’s face it, I just want to be the best. Whether it’s silly little short films, serious short films, music videos, or whatever it might be, I just want to able to bring the same joy that I get from films to other people. When I first started taking TCF courses, I thought I would be fine with just being a random person working on a tv set. After taking more advanced course, I realize now that that’s not going to cut it. I want to be a big part of a production, an important someone. I want to have a say in my own visions, or even someone else’s vision if they need it. As of right now, I have no clue what position I want to have, but if I had to narrow it down at this very moment I would say its between director, DP, camera operator, or maybe even a screenplay writer.

I signed up for this course simply because I wanted to further my knowledge and skill level in all things production. I am hoping to be able to understand every position a person can have in a production in order to find out where I excel (and enjoy) the most. I want learn about all the techniques directors and cinematographers use in lighting, composition, form, camera movements, color schemes, ect. I want to learn about all the functions of video cameras, so I can get the best results from them. Also, I want to learn everything I can about how to properly use framing and camera movements to help tell a narrative clearly. All throughout the day, my mind seems to race constantly with different ideas for film. I know this class will help provide me with the skills I need to take all of my thoughts and visions and share them with others using film.

No comments:

Post a Comment